Every family, everywhere, deserves access to safe water and sanitation. When you purchase a Pura product, you help to make that a reality.
We donate $10.00 to Water.org from the purchase of any Pura water solution.*
785 million people — about 1 in 9 — lack access to safe water; 2 billion — about 1 in 3 — lack access to a toilet. Water.org is dedicated to changing this, empowering families through access to affordable financing and expert resources to make household water and toilet solutions a reality.
Water.org is an international nonprofit organization that has positively transformed millions of lives around the world with access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org pioneers market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis — breaking down barriers to give women hope, children health, and communities bright futures.
The global water crisis is adversely affecting millions of families. Here’s how:
- 785 million people — 1 in 9 — lack access to water.
- 2 billion people — 1 in 3 — lack access to a toilet.
- More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.
- Every two minutes a child dies from a water and sanitation-related disease.
- Water and sanitation-related diseases kill nearly 1 million people each year.
- Women and children bear the primary responsibility for water collection.
- Women and girls spend 200 million hours every day collecting water. This is time spent not working, caring for family members, or attending school.
- Women and girls living without a toilet spend 266 million hours every day finding a place to go.
- Globally, 1/3 of all schools lack access to basic water and sanitation.
When you purchase a Pura product, you’re helping us support Water.org to help children around the world get access to safe water and sanitation.
* Pura Quality Water Products Inc. donates $10.00 to Water.org for every purchase of a Pura product. This excludes the purchase of salt and filters.