This is the Best Drinking Water for the Environment
So long, plastic bottles.
By now, most of us are aware that plastic water bottles are not a great choice for the environment. Let’s start with some basic, troubling facts:
- The United States uses more plastic water bottles than any other country in the world. According to EarthDay.org, Americans buy about 50 billion water bottles per year.
- While plastic water bottles are recyclable, the majority don’t end up being recycled. Instead, they end up in landfills, rivers, lakes, and oceans, where they take thousands of years to break down.
- Eight million tons of plastic trash – which includes plastic water bottles – ends up in the world’s oceans every year.
- Plastic never actually disappears, it only breaks down into tiny particles over thousands of years. Those plastic particles are extremely harmful to aquatic life and ecosystems.
- In addition to the damage being done to other creatures, these particles make their way to people. Plastic particles attract harmful pollutants and chemicals, are ingested by fish, and then travel up the food chain to humans. According to Oceana, it is estimated that humans consume about one credit card worth of plastic each week.
- On top of the damage caused to the environment, animal life, and human life, all that bottled water is costing us a lot of money! According to The Water Project, Americans spend about $100 per year, per person, on bottled water.
Ditch the plastic, but not the quality
So with all of the harmful effects of bottled water in mind, it only makes sense to ditch the plastic for a better alternative. That’s especially logical considering that bottled water quality is more than possible with a Pura water solution.
Pura Fresh uses a multi-stage reverse osmosis system to filter out particles as small as an atom from your home’s water. That means removing things like lead, copper, arsenic, and other contaminants, as well as bad tastes or smells from water treatment chemicals like chlorine. Pura Fresh comes with a dedicated faucet, and using this water to cook, make coffee or tea, and as your main drinking water (don’t forget about your pets!) will make a noticeable difference in taste and quality – we guarantee you won’t miss the bottles.
Our full line of products will tackle other problems like water hardness and smells and odors as well, and Pura Fresh can be bundled with any of our other products at a 10% savings. Try our Auto Selector or get in touch with us via chat, phone, or email if you’re not sure exactly what you need. The environment – and your wallet – will thank you for it.